"I make 'BOOM' stuff.. 'nough said"

Interactive Light Display



 So above shows the electronics behind my interactive light installation. Basically it is high powered LEDs wired in a series circuit to an Arduino board. If you don't know what an Arduino board is check out arduino.cc. Fantastic piece of technology. So basically the Arduino board reads the values from the Infrared sensor and converts the values into the brightness of the LEDs. The result can be seen when I wave my hand over the sensor.





So above shows the prototype for my interactive lights in the daytime and when its dark. The Bricks are made from vacuum formed acrylic over a brick. Quite simple really but they were awkward as hell to get out of the acrylic. The IR sensor is located just below the red brick. I would hide the sensor if this were a real commission and I would also use an ultra-sonic sensor instead of the IR sensor to provide more accurate readings thus a better display from the LEDs. Below is the video of the LEDs changing in brightness as I move my hand across the sensor. Please excuse my hyper giggling and whistling.


No comments:

Post a Comment